Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Blessings and Strawberries and Cream Angel food Cake


This week makes 6 months since I was hospitalized for almost a month. The first week that I was in the hospital I have almost no memory of that stay. A good thing perhaps? It is what it is. What is more important is how far I have come since Sept 2016...physically, mentally and emotionally! There have been some really rough days (weeks) but it was all a process
 and I am so blessed to be here to talk about it!
 God is good!!

Anytime we go through hard times or adversity, there are always so many questions, and sometimes no answers to those questions. The end result is what really matters. There are so many mixed emotions surrounding my journey. I try to take it one day at a time and pray that in the end it all will work out...the way He planned. The days are still very long with way too much time to think. You simply cannot turn off the thoughts as much as you try. I miss my work, I miss my work peeps, I miss being a nurse. It makes me so sad when I think about how much I really miss doing what I used to do. With God's grace, maybe I can return soon, and if not, then I will cherish the memories that I have, all the friends I made, all the Mom's I hope that I helped to reassure them that they are doing the right thing. No matter what, no one can ever take that from me...ever!

Thank God I have other wonderful things in my life to focus on...such as planning for a wedding and a new grand baby! MY baby is having a baby! She will be such a good momma. I am so proud of her.
And I am a bundle of mixed motions today...as if you could not tell? 
But life is good and we are so blessed!
Always remember to count your blessings.




Have you seen the fresh strawberries in the grocery store? They are beautiful!
Here is a simple and delicious dessert using fresh strawberries...you can thank me later!

STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM ANGEL FOOD CAKE

Ingredients
  • Angel Food Cake (baked or store bought)
  • 4 oz. PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese (softened)
  • ¼ cup butter, softened
  • ½ cup powdered sugar
  • 1 small container Cool Whip
  • 1 box white chocolate or vanilla pudding
  • 1½ cups milk
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 pint strawberries (half chopped up and the other half left whole)
Instructions
  1. Angel food cake -  cut in half. Set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese and butter until smooth. Mix in powdered sugar and fold in whipped topping. Set aside.
  3. In a separate bowl mix pudding, milk and vanilla. Fold this mixture in with the cream cheese mixture.
  4. Spread half the mixture onto the first layer of Angel food cake. Add the top of the cake and add the rest of the mixture.
  5. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
  6. Right before serving, place chopped strawberries and whole strawberries on top. ENJOY!
Recipe by Lil' Luna at https://lilluna.com/strawberries-and-cream-angel-food-cake-2/


Have a wonderful day and always remember to tell those 
special ones in your life, just how special they are to you!



No comments:

Post a Comment