Monday, February 6, 2017

Super Bowl and Mardi Gras Bread Pudding



If you know what this symbolizes...you might be from Louisiana~
It is definitely Mardi Gras and crayfish season!
They kind of go hand in hand around here!
When I was younger, I loved Mardi Gras time, as I got older, not so much!
Now that I have grandchildren, I love it through their eyes!
And as far as crayfish...loved them my entire life...always will.
Throw me something mister...beads or crayfish...either is good!!!
Now THIS is a king cake...fit for a king!

Here is a link for our local Mardi Gras parades

Cajun Bayou Mardi Gras Schedule



Did you all enjoy the Super Bowl yesterday?
I certainly did. Like most folks from South Louisiana, I am NOT a fan of
the Falcons. Sorry (not sorry) they lost. No one in history has lost a Super Bowl
with such a huge lead...except the dirty birds. Oh well, better luck next time.
And Lady GaGa...awesome half time show. I was very surprised and impressed. Of course
the news media will make it to be something it wasn't. No surprise there.
I thought she did an amazing job and is super talented..

I hope you are having a great day and the rest of your week is awesome.
The weather sure is co-operating.
Get out and enjoy it!

If you like king cake and bread pudding...here's the recipe for you!



king cake bread pudding
Prep Time:15 min Total Time:1 hr 25 min 
For the Bread Pudding
  • 16 pieces of bread, cubed (toasted)
  • 6 eggs
  • 1/2 Tbsp vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 4 cups milk
For Cinnamon Mixture
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 Tbsp cinnamon
For Icing
  • 2 Tbsp butter
  • 4 oz. cream cheese
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 2-4 Tbsp milk
  • colored sugars/sprinkles
For Bread Pudding
  • 1 Whisk eggs, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Add in milk.
  • 2 Add cubed bread and combine until bread coated.
For Cinnamon Mixture
  • 1 Melt butter and mix with brown sugar and cinnamon.
  • 2 Spread half of bread into 9x13 pan and spread cinnamon mixture over the bread. Add second layer of bread.
  • 3 Bake for 60-70 minutes at 350 degrees.
For Icing
  • 1 Combine butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and milk until smooth.
  • 2 Top bread pudding with icing and colored sugars/sprinkles.
my big fat happy life http://www.mybigfathappylife.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment