It is definitely Mardi Gras and crayfish season!
They kind of go hand in hand around here!
When I was younger, I loved Mardi Gras time, as I got older, not so much!
Now that I have grandchildren, I love it through their eyes!
And as far as crayfish...loved them my entire life...always will.
Throw me something mister...beads or crayfish...either is good!!!
Now THIS is a king cake...fit for a king!
Here is a link for our local Mardi Gras parades
Cajun Bayou Mardi Gras Schedule
Did you all enjoy the Super Bowl yesterday?
I certainly did. Like most folks from South Louisiana, I am NOT a fan of
the Falcons. Sorry (not sorry) they lost. No one in history has lost a Super Bowl
with such a huge lead...except the dirty birds. Oh well, better luck next time.
And Lady GaGa...awesome half time show. I was very surprised and impressed. Of course
the news media will make it to be something it wasn't. No surprise there.
I thought she did an amazing job and is super talented..
I hope you are having a great day and the rest of your week is awesome.
The weather sure is co-operating.
Get out and enjoy it!
If you like king cake and bread pudding...here's the recipe for you!
king cake bread pudding
Prep Time:15 min Total Time:1 hr 25 min
For the Bread Pudding
- 16 pieces of bread, cubed (toasted)
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 cups milk
For Cinnamon Mixture
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-4 Tbsp milk
- colored sugars/sprinkles
For Bread Pudding
- 1 Whisk eggs, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Add in milk.
- 2 Add cubed bread and combine until bread coated.
For Cinnamon Mixture
- 1 Melt butter and mix with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- 2 Spread half of bread into 9x13 pan and spread cinnamon mixture over the bread. Add second layer of bread.
- 3 Bake for 60-70 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 1 Combine butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and milk until smooth.
- 2 Top bread pudding with icing and colored sugars/sprinkles.
my big fat happy life http://www.mybigfathappylife.com/