Monday, January 23, 2017

Monday and Easy King cake!



It's funny how Monday takes on a whole new meaning when you are not working. There are mixed emotions for me...I used to dread Monday's because I knew how busy we would be at the office. Now I dread Mondays because its the beginning of a long week for me...the days are so long being here alone. Trust me I enjoy my alone time but one can only be alone for so long before they are talking to themselves...and answering! I miss my work people so much and I miss the rewards of the work I used to do. Who knows what the future holds...we shall see!

Mardi Gras will be here before we know it! I have a super simple recipe to share with you for a yummy King Cake. If you like simple, then this is for you! Let me know if you make it and enjoy it...or bring me a piece <wink>

Have a blessed week!

CARNIVAL COFFEE CAKE

Carnival Coffee Cake 


Ingredients
  • 2 (8-ounce) cans crescent roll dough
  • 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
  • 2/3 cup plus 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar, divided
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar
  • ½ cup chopped pecans
  • 2 tablespoons whole milk
  • Colored Sugars, recipe follows
Instructions
  • 1
    Preheat oven to 350°.
  • 2
    Unroll and divide crescent rolls into triangles. Place pieces around the edge of an 11-inch round baking dish, overlapping pieces with the points of the dough hanging over the dish. Press seams of all pieces together to seal.
  • 3
    In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, 2/3 cup confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla. Spread onto dough. Place apple slices on cream cheese mixture. Add cinnamon sugar and chopped pecans. Fold the points of dough over the filling, and tuck under the bottom of the dough, to create a ring shape. Bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
  • 4
    In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar and milk. Spoon glaze over top of cake, and sprinkle with Colored Sugars.
louisiana cookin http://www.louisianacookin.com/
Bonne journée,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment