Friday, October 19, 2018

WISHES

Do you ever wonder what makes people the way they are? I do...every.single.day! We are all guilty of taking things for granted, such as....LIFE...family...our jobs....having the things we want....we all take these things for granted. Until one day, you are without one of these things. By then, sometimes its too late. I know its a normal process when you are dealing with grief, hardships, pain...to have regrets. Regrets...such a sad word. 

 regret
  1. 1.
    feel sad, repentant, or disappointed over (something that has happened or been done, especially a loss or missed opportunity).
  2. Regret is a negative conscious and emotional reaction to one's personal decision-making, a choice resulting in action or inaction. Regret is related to perceived opportunity.

Yet this morning as I sat writing this, I thought about an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond where Robert "steals" Raymond's regret! I laughed out loud all by myself and then realized that regrets are simply another word for wishes. I much prefer the word wish/wishes/wished. 

wish
verb (used with object)
to want; desire; long for

See the difference there? So I guess it's all how you perceive it. Some days its regrets, some days its wishes. This is probably not making a bit of sense to whoever is reading it, but somehow it gave me some comfort this morning.

Turn your regret into wishes. And be blessed!





1 comment:

  1. It’s all in how you look at things. You are so right. We need to see the blessing through the curse.

    ReplyDelete