Wednesday, September 6, 2017

REFLECTIONS


I was going to post this yesterday but my heart just wasn't in the right place. 
Today is a new day so here goes!

One year ago yesterday, everything changed...I changed, my family changed, my outlook on life changed! ALL for the better! One year ago I was admitted to the hospital for congestive heart failure. I had not been feeling well for quite a while but just kept pushing ( very little) and I guess I was in denial about my health. Us nurses tend to do that...care for everyone but ourselves! I honestly don't remember very much about that weekend before. The last really good recollection I have is going to Joshua's Grandparents day mass then to the Dr for a general check up. Very vague recollection of going out to eat for Addie's birthday that Sunday and no recollection of having friends over to swim for Labor Day. I do not even remember going to the ER that day, nor do I remember my almost 2 week stay at St Anne's. I have pictures of the day my family came to visit, but I do not remember it! That is very scary and a strange feeling. Many have told me, maybe its a good thing you don't remember. I am not so sure of that...to have lost 2 weeks is just not a good feeling. I don't expect anyone to understand that, it just is what it is! The next 2 weeks at Thibodaux Regional were rough but at least I DO remember that! Those poor people who worked in Rehab have a special place in heaven that is for sure! I know I gave them a rough time...but had it not been for them pushing me I would not be where I am today!

And my family....oh my poor family! I am so sorry to have scared you all and for not being a very good patient. But I was scared also. They never gave up on me and pushed me day after day. I saw a different side of my marriage....one that warms my heart when I think about it.
 In sickness and in health...takes on a whole new meaning.
 Thank you Rene' for being so patient with me. 
My children...what can I say? 
They never left my side and pushed me day after day. I know that was not easy for them but as a Mom it makes you feel so good to realize that you raised your children to be kind and caring and loving! I honestly don't think I would have come this far if it was not for them!
Thank you Addie, Jordan, Kristen and Brenan!
I am so proud of them!
Has it been easy? Heck no. 
Has it been worth it? Hell yes! 
So much has changed but all of it for the better! 

I miss my work family...I miss my work!
 But I know I did the right thing by retiring early. I think about all of my patients and Mom's who I hope I helped just a little along the way. I got so much joy out of knowing that my words of advice helped a Mom to know that she was doing the right thing, just needed some validation!
 Thank you Dr Cruse and Dr Peltier for allowing me to be the nurse that I was!

What a year it has been!
 And now we await the arrival of our new grandson with so much joy!
 AND I get to be home to spoil him, just as I do Joshua and Kylee!

LIFE IS GOOD!
I AM SO BLESSED!



No comments:

Post a Comment